Matthews Architects prepared a detailed masterplan for Walford’s Senior School campus. The over-arching goal of the masterplan was to create the “Heart of the School” – an open space that will draw the community of the school together and enrich the experience and outcomes for all.
Matthews Architects successfully completed a fully costed and staged masterplan and then undertook sketch design and obtained an integrated planning approval for seven stages of works. This has provided Walford with great confidence regarding its future strategy for its Senior Campus facilities.
THE SEQUENCE OF PROJECTS INCLUDES;
- The complete refurbishment and modernisation of Science Laboratories (recently completed),
- A new Design & Technology Centre within a renovated former residence (currently under construction),
- A new Visual Arts Centre with studios and workshop spaces,
- A new “Black Box” Drama Hall with integrated rehearsal and support spaces,
- The expansion of the existing School Hall to increase its functionality and capacity,
- The creation of a Nutrition & Wellness Teaching Kitchen,
- Finally, the creation of improved open space and a landscaped “Heart of the School”.