Phase 2 of the Gawler and Districts College B-12 capital works project will shortly commence.
The key objectives of Redevelopment:
• Increase school’s capacity.
• Create a central shared arrival point for junior and senior school.
• Create an assembly area with capacity to gather the entire school.
• Increase the variety of sports facilities and support the arts where possible.
• Provide suitable learning facilities for junior special needs students.
The project’s overall focus will improve whole of school facilities, create unified administration and staff facilities, increase general learning areas, and open up and improve (by removing asbestos building and replacing bitumen) the central area of the school to increase collaboration and connectivity across the site and with the community for improved learning outcomes. The development of a multipurpose, assembly and activity hall space will create space for whole of school assembly, performances and other functions as well as improving the interface with the community and increased flexibility of functionality including after-hours use.