Located on the former Townsville General Hospital site this art deco style building had been the main hospital building of 6 storeys, opened in 1951 and substantially retained to conserve its heritage listed architectural features.
Redevelopment will see the creation of 27 private apartments over all 6 levels with ground floor providing gymnasium, indoor pool and amenities, and storage and study rooms belonging to upper level apartments respectively.
A prime feature of the development shall be a complete rebuilding of the large garden area separating the building from the Eyre Street frontage and which is named after one of the original architects. The landscaping of the gardens has been designed with the heritage of the site and the former gardens as paramount significance. A new separate Carparking single level building is accessed from level 2.